- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business; what get’s you out of bed in the morning?
I’m Katie, I run a Community Interest Company – Baby Bird Café in Oswestry, Shropshire. We are a town-centre based, family-focused café using local produce, making homemade cakes and providing a ‘hub’ of activities and classes for families.
What gets me up in the morning?? Apart from our three year old, I get up because I can’t wait to get into the café and get cracking each day!
- What was your reason for wanting to work with a marketing consultant - did you have a specificchallenge that you needed help with?
I just frankly didn’t know if I was doing the right things regarding our marketing, so needed some guidance and assurance.
- Did you look at other marketing companies who may have been able to deliver this work?
- Why did you decide to work with Lucy? What expertise did you hope she would bring?
I only like to do business with people I really ‘click’ with and have a real understanding of me and my business – and it was clear from our initial meetings that Lucy and RPM was the right company for the job. I hoped Lucy would bring focus and professionalism to my current marketing efforts – which she really did.
- What solutions has Lucy provided for you and your business? Are you happy with the results?
Lucy has provided more focus than I previously had, and made some several actionable suggestions ie) get out of the café to events & festivals, which I can work into our plans for the year.
Yes I’m more than happy with the results.
- Overall, how have you found working with Lucy, did she do a good job?
I really enjoyed working with Lucy and found she really listened to how I run my business, and gave me suggestions I can actually do, rather than presenting me with something I can’t implement. She is easy to warm to, with an obvious understanding of the food/hospitality business.
- Would you be happy to recommend Lucy? And for what types of project?
Yes I’d recommend Lucy to anyone, she has an obvious passion for marketing and is great with people. I think her strengths lie within the food industry, but would recommend her for any projects with independent businesses.
- Thank you very much for your comments, is there any other feedback you would like to give?
Loved working with you!